Still in need of members? Do you want to create a little buzz? Then copy these five (easy) steps below:
1. Add a two minute weekly golf tip (video) from your pro. Think simple. One thought. Post it on your social media sites. Create a youtube channel to house them all. Bonus points if your local news station picks up the segment.
2. Post a lunch special daily on your social media sites, in the bathroom, and in your carts. I don’t care if it is .50 off or only includes a drink, ‘specials’ are a call to action. Bonus points if you include a picture. Have fun with these from time to time with things like, “first member to mention ad gets a free appetizer with meal purchase (and then post who won, of course) or “free drinks for groups of four” (include a picture of the group).
3. Create a member of the month. Make a parking spot with a sign. Let the rest of the membership know about them and their family by featuring them in your club newsletter and social media sites. Bonus points if you can give them something of value like $100 food credit for the month, (4) cart passes, or guest passes.
4. Have your GM or Head Pro eat lunch with one of your bottom twelve spenders, once per month. They are your most vulnerable member. One a month – you can do it!
5. Have your GM or Head Pro eat lunch with one of your top twelve spenders, once per month (ideally the day after #4). They are your happiest member and should be able give you great ideas moving forward + they probably know friends that should be members.